This short course delivers specialised engagement with the principles of media; media qualities and the media mix; media strategy; channel and media planning; media management and leadership; classical and alternative media; online and social media; and media research. Delegates will be equipped with a comprehensive suite of skills to facilitate media planning in context of brand building strategy, media economic understanding and software utilisation.
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at individuals working in the brand, marketing and communications industry who wish to specialise in or gain a deeper understanding of media and media management for building brands. This course can also be attended by anyone wanting to change fields and wanting to learn more about media and brand building.
The course covers:
The Media Landscape
Target Markets and Segmentation
Concepts of Media Planning and Strategy
Traditional Big Media (TV, Newspapers, Magazines, Radio and Out-of-Home)
Digital and New Innovative Media
The Media Plan
How will I benefit?
This short course will develop your ability to implement knowledge of the various media tools and platforms in context of brand building. The focus is on the practical dimensions of media planning and management, and industry experts will guide you through the current thinking around traditional, electronic and digital platforms, and guide you through the media ‘math’ and implementation of tools for planning. On completion of the short course you will be able to:
- Debate the relationship between various brand, communications and media partners in context of their structures and methodologies.
- Integrate classical, digital and alternative media options for effective communication with target audiences to build brands.
- Analyse media data for optimisation of spend in designing media strategies and plans.
- Compile and present media strategies and plans that integrate and leverage brand contact and communication tools.
- Evaluate the cost effectiveness of media strategies and plans.
Click here for more information
The course material is developed the Advertising and Media Association of South Africa (AMASA) and lectures are presented by subject matter experts appointed by AMASA.