THE GORDON PATTERSON AMASA LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME
The Generation of Excellence
Since 2008, the AMASA Learnership Programme (ALP) has offered successful candidates an opportunity to be employed and mentored by leading media experts. In 2017 the programme was renamed in honour of the legendary Gordon Patterson. Gordon believed in educating and sharing knowledge which speaks to the core purpose of the programme. AMASA is proud to introduce the GORDON PATTERSON AMASA LEARNERSHIP PROGRAMME
About Gordon Patterson:
A global media and marketing professional with over 25 years’ experience in the media industry. Gordon was the Business Director for Omnicom Group where he shared his passion about growing young talent in the industry. He was active in growing talent in SA apart from being a recognized industry thought leader, he served on the board of the Audit Bureau of Circulation for South Africa as vice chairman a role he serves with passion. Most recently in April 2014 he was appointed to vice-chairman for the industry body AMASA a skills development initiative. He has presented to the government on the transformation of the advertising & media industry. Gordon was recognized to write the survival guide & first chapter of the AMASA media textbook currently used by students at Universities across South Africa.
2018 BURSARY BENEFICIARIES
After a long search and thorough interview process, AMASA found 10 future game changers who will be embarking on the journey to study Media Management Course at Vega. The beneficiaries are leaders in the making and they are extremely passionate about the industry.
Congratulations to the 2018 Media Management Bursary Beneficiaries:
- Mathe Griffits
- Nomonde Dubase
- Ntombifuthi Mabolabola
- Ongama Nyswa
- Ralikiti Makgopela
- Siboniso Mncube
- Sibongile Mdluli
- Thabang Motsoato
- Thembisile Magwaza
- Guguleth Cele
- Ralikiti Makgopela
AMASA also calls on all experienced advertising media industry individuals and experts, former ALP students who are interested in Mentorship, and are willing to give their time to mentor a “rising star” within our industry.
All interested media agencies, media owners or individuals please feel free to contact Memoria Masilela (Head of GP-ALP Project Team).
All bursary and mentorship applications should be sent to email@example.com
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2017
9 AMASA BURSARIES WERE ISSUED IN 2017
The Gordon Patterson AMASA Learnership Programme (GP-ALP) has yet achieved another successful year by bringing new blood into the industry. We are proud to present the Class of 2017, candidates who received the AMASA Bursary and completed their 4-month Media Management Course in 2017.
AMASA Congratulates the GPALP Class of 2017
Four of these talented young stars are available to explore new opportunities in the industry. Please contact Memoria Masilela if you have permanent / internship vacancies available in your organisation.
The AMASA Bursary 2019 Plan:
Application open in January 2019
AMASA is now gearing for the 2019 intake of the GP – ALP Media Bursary, and we are looking for candidates who are driven and eager to be game changers in the industry. These individuals must have completed their Matric/higher education or are currently registered at a tertiary institution and are looking for a head start in the media and advertising industry. We are also looking for candidates that have tremendous talent within industry that can be nominated by their industry peers or employers to be part of the Gordon Patterson AMASA Learnership Programme.
The AMASA Bursary candidates will receive:
- Enrolment into the highly acclaimed Media Management module endorsed by AMASA in Partnership with VEGA
- Enrolment and all costs covered to attend the renowned AMASA Media Planning Workshop
- A copy of AMASA’s Textbook “Nuts and Bolts of Media Planning”.
- Agencies and media owners can nominate candidates, or they may also nominate themselves by completing the AMASA Media Bursary Nomination Application form.
- The nominees/applicants will then be shortlisted and interviewed by the AMASA ALP Project Team (made up of AMASA committee members)
- The successful candidates will be enrolled for the VEGA media Course (2019 date TBC). All candidates must be available for classes on Monday and Wednesdays from 17h30 – 20h00
- The 10 candidates will be registered in the AMASA Workshop, scheduled for the weekend on the February/March 2020 (see more information on the workshop here)
- Please note that the Bursary does not cover accommodation and transport costs.